The name Tutoring Beyond Borders encompasses everything our organization stands for. We provide tutoring services, and we think outside the box. When you combine the two together, you get a unique perspective on tutoring – completely free one-on-one tutoring services!
TBB offers free tutoring to students from Grades 7 to 12 in most subject areas. The volunteer tutors of this charity are mainly university students who love to give back to the community by helping students improve in their academics.
As a completely volunteer-run organization, TBB fuels its mission with a set of core values, both of which are listed below.
- To provide students with opportunities to get the help they require for subjects with which they are struggling with
- To encourage all students to persevere and aim to achieve their own personal goals
- To encourage people of various ages to participate in various types of volunteer work and community service
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to learn and not be denied academic assistance if desired or needed
- We focus on the academic goals of individual students and try to motivate them to persevere, excel and succeed
- We are committed to education and believe that all students are the prospective leaders who will influence the shape of our future
- We understand and appreciate the fact that we depend on and recognize those volunteers who use their talents, skills, and experiences to work for our organization
- We show respect, fairness, reason, and compassion to all people in the things we do